The Storm


April 6, 2023. This is a red-winged blackbird departing the feeding area mid-afternoon near the end of the ice storm. Today was mostly the aftermath, with half an inch of ice covering everything and the power being out all day. Andrea and I spent the day successfully preventing the basement from flooding by manually bailing and carrying out the water from the basement sump pump area. Also, in the middle of that, we had to round up the cats and take them to the vet for their annual checkup (you try rounding up cats in the dark!). Also, I scattered seeds for the birds. I also spent time at Timmies charging stuff (I guess they have their own generator) and buying hot food. And oh yeah... it was my 64th birthday. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me When I'm sixty-four..." https://flic.kr/p/2orQr6j

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dow's Lake

Print

Cedar Waxwings