Rideau River


May 30, 2018. I had one of those days where ripples of controversy follow. An IBM rep at my panel said we needed to privatize health care to save costs; I reminded him that using IBM to privatize the new pay system cost us many times more. I got home in time to attend a town meeting were smarmy town officials tried to explain why the $5K sewage upgrade they pitched last year will now cost us $9K - it was a skeevy effort, consisting of saying that the $5K was just one part of the total cost, and the rest was some amount mandated by the bylaws (that they just hadn't mentioned earlier). So you can imagine how I responded to that (no, not meekly and quietly). The river was at Carleton University, where the panel was located, in the centre of Ottawa. https://flic.kr/p/26Axzk1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Print

Dow's Lake

Cedar Waxwings